Honestly, I have not fully tested out Windows 8 but from my POV, it's only for All-in-One PC and Tablets alike Or should I say smart devices as they deem it right now. So what about those laptops that are not touch based?
First off for me was the removal of the Windows Start Button. No more Windows. All Tiles and Scrolls. But then, why that format? Can't we stick to something like Apple's Lion X? All below? Or just plain Windows 7? I just don't get it why Windows is going after Android or iOS and this is for PC too.... Crap is more like it for me.
The Drop Point Requirements:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch (more info)
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
- Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database
- Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software (more info)
- Windows Media Center license sold separately (more info)
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 8 Pro only)
- BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or a USB flash drive (Windows 8 Pro only)
- Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM (Windows 8 Pro only)
- A TV tuner is required to play and record live TV in Windows Media Center (Windows 8 Pro Pack and Windows 8 Media Center Pack only)
- Free Internet TV content varies by geography, some content might require additional fees (Windows 8 Pro Pack and Windows 8 Media Center Pack only)
Which comes to this... if you want to watch DVD, you don't get Media Player.. or just get VLC etc. The hardware requirements in itself is a killer blow to the Atom Processor Computers. 1GB RAM, 1Ghz CPU. There is less than 1GB on most 1.6Ghz Atom CPU, so these is already out of the question... am I right???
16GB HDD SPACE for a TABLET?? You are kidding me right Microsoft?We want it as small as possible, not as huge as you can think of it. Though SSD is getting cheaper, memory space for Smart Devices start with 512MB or 1GB Ram with 4GB NVRAM (which is the Hard disk) and that expands depending on the stability of the TF Card (Micro-SD Card with SUPER HIGH SPEED Modules to us) and that is super costly.
Gosh.... the CPU will surely OVERHEAT and Burst like crazy reminding me of the first generation Creative churned out their ZuNe MP3 Player, which is bulky, lousy battery life ( I had to make an external one out of that) and super hot when it is operated on.
Having said that, I did test out some of the tablets that were running Windows 8 RT version which were shipped to the office from China for my consideration and mind you, mostly are running off Intel ATOM series , or some with AllWinner CPU which I have no idea what but they said it's Quad Core.
The verdict?? Sluggish. Slow, Hot, and I did not like the OS. Dual boot back to Android...and it's super fast, with many games etc.
They are killing the hardware with Windows 8... and you should not take it. It's not for Tablet or Smart Device but rather Windows 8 for Touch Based PC and Laptops.
Post a Comment
Do Follow me on Facebook & like us!